Kristen (Baumgardner) Caven, this year’s CWC Writer in Residence at Joaquin Miller Park, educates, entertains, and inspires her audiences with an extraordinary array of books, presentations, performances, and events. The author of seven books, several plays, and an award winning cartoon collection, she applies positive psychology to her work strengthening communities through uplifting artistic expressions.
Fall 2021 Happenings:
- Writing weekly as Writer in Residence at Joaquin Miller Park with the California Writers Club! Follow my blog, Walkin’ with Joaquin.
- “Working it Out with a Pencil” – Johnnie Talk about thinking things through with cartoons
- Joaquin Miller Nature, Art & Song Project – kids & their grownups sign up here!
- “A Blanket and a Basket of Chow” – October 9th picnic – Readings by California Writers featuring Oakland’s first poet laureate, Ayodele “Wordslanger” Nzinga
- The Dirndl Diaspora screenings – October 16th on Zoom & all month on demand. Tickets here.
- Bandaloop! Weekly creative & dance fitness classes with a literary twist + occasional dance adventures.
- Saving Mills College. Because it’s too good to give away.
I’m working on the 4th edition of The Winning Family with my mom. The last time we approached a publisher to bring it back into print, we ended up writing The Bullying Antidote! The message is the same: raising children with positive parenting (we invented that term) is the best prevention for all types of social harm.
“So Much Winning”
The Winning Family
The book will be released next April. Subscribe to blog & Museletter for announcements.