Bay Area Lit Scene:
Get Lit, Full of Crow, Liminal, Dirty Old Women, Pandemonium Press, Literary Foolery Cabaret, Bay Area Generations, Mills College, LitCrawl, BeastCrawl, AltBeast
Bookstores: Laurel Bookstore, A Great Good Place for Books, St. John’s College Bookstore, Alley Cat Books, Adobe Books & Arts Cooperative, Octopus Literary Salon & more…
Check my Events calendar for upcoming readings & other events.
Past appearances include:
- CWC Annual Book Launch – 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- LitCrawl 2019: Paired Readings with ALAS at Adobe Books & Arts Cooperative. Paired with Aqueila Lewis, October 2019.
- Indie Author Day at Dublin Library, October 2019
- “The Dirndl Diaspora” cold table read at Oaktoberfest, October 2019
- 4th edition of The Souls of Her Feet celebrated at the CWC Member Book Launch, Octopus Literary Salon, Oakland June, 2019
- Read Invocation poem at Bay Area Generations, San Francisco, May, 2019
- Pandemonium Press, March 2019
- Seven Kisses, Featured reader at Dirty Old Women, with and Selene Steese, October 2018
- Spanish Poetry at Babar in Exile #16: Babar de los Muertos with Poetrope, November 2018
- Organized a Peace Day reading of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Frank Ogawa Plaza. Peace Day (September 21), 2018
- Destination: Disney – featured storyteller at Storyslam Oakland, ROAD TRIP edition, August 2017
- Ten Days, Ten Pounds at Colonica Il Palmerino in Florence, Italy, July, 2018
- Fiction Author Panel at Barnes & Noble, Emeryville, June 2017
- Read Ted’s Tender Trophy at Full of Crow: The Spring Murder, April 2017
- The Vesuvian Affair at Dirty Old Women, Featured reader with Beth Elliot, July 2017
- “I am Woman, Hear Me [redacted]” essay + Zumba demo, Octopus Literary Salon January 21, 2017
- Not Just a Fairytale; Maybe a Dream Come True graphic narrative from The Reason She Left at Laurel Bookstore for BeastCrawl, July 2016
- Ode to the Pencil, Hub Roma, Rome, February 2015
- The Bullying Antidote, Hub Oakland Community Lunch, September 2014
- 11/9: The Fall of American Democracy featuring “I am Woman, Hear Me [redacted]” essay + Zumba demo January 21, 2017
- We Are Not Worthy reading by Alumni authors at St. John’s Bookstore, Santa Fe NM, September 2018
- Hosted LitCake, an open house for the CWC, Oakland Library, October 2010
- Mills Reunion Writer’s Café – Mills Tea Shop, September 2011
Gosh there’s a lot of these….
- Liminal, Oakland, March 2019
- Mirror Imag(in)e at Get Lit #8, Ale Industries/Nomadic Press, January 2019
- Reading of The Souls of Her Feet at Writer’s Café, Mills College, September 2014
- The Souls of Her Feet reading and clown interview at the Literary Foolery Cabaret, May, 2014
- The Bullying Antidote book launch readings at Laurel Bookstore & A Great Good Place for Books. “Ask Me About Zorgos.” July, 2010
- The Souls of Her Feet debut reading: featured member series at California Writers Club; opening for Julia Flynn Siler, NYT Bestselling author of Lost Kingdom –watch video May, 2019
- The Reason She Left book launch on the fringe of Litquake! Presented at “Local Literary Lights” in the Laurel sponsored by Laurel Bookstore at Fruitvale Presbyterian Church; partied afterwards at Isotope Comics Lounge, SF. October, 2011
- Writer’s Salon and Strike Exhibit reception speech at the Mills Reunion, October, 2010
- Book signing for Perfectly Revolting at A Great Good Place for Books, June, 2010
- Book signing at Laurel Bookstore, May 2010
- Book signings at Dimond Curves, May 2010
- Author Event at California Writers Club Berkeley Branch meeting. “Opened” for Ransom Stephens, author of The God Patent. Read review. May 2010
- Book Launch at Launch of 20th Anniversary Celebration of the Mills Student Strike at Mills College Student Union. (5/1 – 5/31 Perfectly Revolting special edition available on Amazon.com) May, 2010
- Book signing at Mills College Bookstore, April, 2010
- A Perfectly Revolting Tea Party Book Launch with “dramatic cartoon readings” at Mills College. (See photo/essay here) May, 2020
- Featured reader at Drop Everything And Read Day at Sequoia Elementary School in Oakland. Read the unfolding story of Little Pig’s Busy Day with the help of kindergarteners and 2nd graders. February, 2010 (See photo/news here).
- Cold Read of The Dirndl Diaspora at Oakland’s Oaktoberfest, Bavarian Stage, October 2019
- “Couch Reading” of The Souls of Her Feet (musical) on a rainy Sunday in a gorgeous Oakland living room. March, 2009. Read about it here.
- Staged reading of The Souls of Her Feet (musical) at Playwright’s Horizons in NYC, August 2008. Read about it here.
Local Venues & Events where Kristen has read her stories and poems include: The California Writers Club, Heart of the Muse, Get Lit! at Ale Industries, Laurel Bookstores, BeastCrawl, Dirty Old Women, Full of Crow, Pandemonium Press, Woodminister Amphitheater, A Great Good Place for Books, SoleSpace, Simply Green Day Spa, The Impact Hub, Octopus Literary Salon, and private homes. Oftentimes, Kristen’s readings become great conversations.
Keynote events: see presentations
Kristen reads to classrooms annually on Dr. Seuss’s birthday, and is available for class readings (grades k-3) of her family’s book, Little Pig’s Busy Day, and the forthcoming I Was a Preschool Monster.
A staged reading of her musical, The Souls of Her Feet, was performed in New York City at Playwright’s Horizons.
Subscribe to this blog for upcoming events >>>
Upcoming events on the calendar >>>