Poetry will save the world.
More often, it surrounds me, seeps into me, comes out of me. (What part of me? I don’t know.)
What greater gift, to be carried with grace / to be curious, clear, and inspired by each / beating heart, breathing soul from the reaches of time/that revels in nature’s deep and pulsating rhymes?
To be carried by grace to a loftier place? / To inspire, give insight, to teach and amuse? / Served by fingers and feelings that fly like the birds / to rhythms, to pictures, or well-chosen words?
A loftier place guides the whole human race / to a happier place in the elegant web; / what greater treasure could anyone choose / than to have, and to be, a generous muse?
—“Generous Muse” by Kristen Caven, 6/12/16
for inaugural issue of “The Museletter Project”
No published poetry!
- Corona in Museletter Vol. 10 (Polyhymnia)
- Haikus on Pandemic Poetry Page
- Hymn to Asphaltia! (soundtrack by David Garner)
- Broken Word Haiku in Write Angles 108/6
- Invocation (spoken), Bay Area Generations, San Francisco May 2019
- Sweat Wish & Women at the Well, LitCrawl, San Francisco, May 2019
- “The Kiss” Featured reader at Dirty Old Women literary salon October 2018
- Little Thing, Little Nothing at Blood Magic Ritual Show & Tell; Tara’s Temple ,October 2016
- So I Married a Simian at my 25th Wedding Anniversary Party, August 2018
- #Combustionfast at AltBeast, Oakland, October 2018
- Hymn to Asphaltia at Heart of the Muse 1.0,
- The Sleach at Blood of the Hub, October 2015
- Chrisramakwanzannukah at Dimond Winterfest 2006
- Hoogasian Flowers Valentine’s Day Poetry Contest 1990
- Founded Poetrope CWC poetry writing group, 2017
- Organized 100,000 poets for change ZORGOS event 2016
- Organized To Build a Fire social/reading for Jack London Centennial Year
- Co-produced The Heart of the Muse Salons for Creatives 2015-2016
- Bay Area Generations team #40 thru #54
Here’s my Poetic License.
(Here, I made you one, too. Just fill in your name and own it.)