“Kristen’s interactive presentations illuminate, inspire, enlighten, and amuse!” —
I speak on positive parenting, wellness & flourishing, creativity, happiness & any theme I write about
“She can really fill a room. She needs bigger rooms.” —
“We should do this again!” — someone after every event
I’m available to Emcee, Hostess, create Programming, or make a Special Guest appearance. Here are some of my past events—I’m happy to repeat!
- The Fountain of You“ for Wellness Week at The Bellevue Club, January 2018: A look at the idea of a fountain of youth, with an inspection of the seven “pumps” of our mindbody systems.
- Attend & Acheive Rally — Oakland Natives Give Back BTS event August 2017, Frank Ogawa Plaza. How the six principles of ZORGOS, the antidote to bullying, keep kids feeling good at school and at home.
- Cartooning a Revolution, 2010, 2015 — Presention of Inside the Mills Revolution, a Cartoon History of the 1990 Student Strike for Strike Reunion events. A dramatic cartoon reading of an event that shines light on how colleges thrive, survive, or die.
- I’m Rubber; We’re Glue: Teaching Kids Emotional Power & Self-Advocacy presentation @ San Ramon Valley PTSA October 2014
- Stop Bullying with Positive Parenting with Dr. Louise Hart at Children’s Resources of Napa November, 2013
- Deconstructing the Deco Diet — women’s history through the lens of vintage cookbooks Miami Beach & San Francisco Art Deco Societies, 2006
- Being Human: How Literature Helps at AWP20, Houston TX (moderator)
- Now What? Writing Groups at SFWC20, San Francisco CA (panelist)
- Writers At Work – CWC April 2019 (producer)
- Family Wellness Night, “opening act,” led parents & students in Zumba, March 2020 (dance leader)
- The Zorgos Awards, honoring local heroes who are the antidote to bullying, highlighting prevention concepts that work. October 15, 2017 (producer, emcee)
- Drop Everything And Read day at Sequoia Elementary School in Oakland, 5 years. Story development of Little Pig’s Busy Day and I Was a Preschool Monster with the help of kindergarteners and 2nd graders.
- Strike Exhibit reception speech at the Mills Reunion
- Poems, stories, and book excerpts for community, literary arts events and fundraisers. See listing here.
- Presented Inside the Mills Revolution for the 25th Anniversary of the Student Strike, in partnership with the makers of The Untitled Mills Strike Documentary. Audience read-along!
- My Homemade Hybrid presentations for new drivers about the 10-second rule of fuel conservation, and kicking the idling habit. (As seen at the YES Conference 2017.)
- Classroom readings of Little Pig’s Busy Day an interactive storytelling & sequencing lesson for k-2 classes that the kids love! 2008-2012
“Kristen was a wonderful speaker, full of genuine smiles and a nice sense of humor about life” — Wendy Bartlett
“Humorously honest and honestly humorous.” —Laura Nicodemus
Contact Kristen about speaking events for your community